Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Infected Magnet Site?

The steri-strips are starting to come off and I noticed Lily's left ear magnet site is still looking pretty red. It looks like it could possibly be infected at the end of the incision. Maybe this is normal. . . I don't really know what to expect. Her left ear magnet site is more red than her right side. Any experienced CI mommies see this on your kids? I emailed the doctor to see what he thinks. We appreciate your prayers.

Right Side


Left Side


Left Side Close Up

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think it looks too bad. I am glad you asked your doc his opinion but I remember mine looking pretty red at just one week out. Keep Neosporin on it...I kept mine covered constantly. I want to hear what the doc says. I hope Miss Lily is just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I don't think that it looks bad and the actual incision looks great, is she running any fevers? As a nurse I have seen many incisons and it is not uncommon for them to be red for a while, but still follow up with your Dr. I'm so happy to hear that her dizziness has passed. Still keeping her in my prayers!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete